12th and 16th July:
In between getting things ready to install at Camberwell for the Interim Show, I’d solve the problem of the wrongly cut lino and turned it into a benefit! see below by having both Positive and Negative lettering.
Fiddly to use but much more versatile.
I’d printed some posters to go with the cut-out newspaper ones used when I was using the Reading Room as a studio.
Took ages and very messy.
Making the posters seemed an important part of the process but I’m not sure it added to the Event in the end. It was important for me but did it work..?
After installing at Camberwell on the Tuesday I went on the Thursday and set up the slide projector in case anyone brought any slides and tested out the new media player and film with the digital.
I’d been working on the final film to show at the event and it is about 30 minutes long.
I’ll have to reflect on this separately.
Richard is anxious about how many people will turn out for the event
Jane is baking cakes.
I’ll take biscuits and coffee.
Jon Shapley will come and document with photographs.
All the newspapers are brought in and placed so that Richard can position the tables. The workshop areas are set up.
Cut-up newspapers will be printed on newsprint. I’ve bought a small printing set to supplement the linocut but got rid of the large paper communal printing idea for this event as there is no table big enough.
I’ve asked my son to print out some QR codes for the links to Vimeo and Soundcloud for sound file archive and videos and I’m going to borrow my other son’s Chrome book for the Google hang-outs live feed to Youtube if I can get a signal on the day.