13th June – 21st June 2015:
These few days were significant personally for the pov of ‘reminiscence and nostalgia’
Bullet points below:
- Meeting with old college friend
- Visit to Butterfly Farm
- 80th birthday of family friend ( friend of my mother now dead for over 15 years, and mother to my oldest friend- ‘we’ve known each other since before we were born’)
- Trip on Great Central Railway, Pullman Carriage, stations used for film sets, all different eras.
- Feelings on emerging from the station into the ‘real world’
- Feelings of being part of something very ‘old’
- Being in a place where I have usually been with my son, but was not this time.
- More printing at Northern House, Oxford and the ‘ powerful magic’ produced
- Visit to see the Magna Carta at the Ashmolean “To no one will we sell, to no one will we refuse or delay right or justice.”
- Visit to see Marks of Genius and Hooke’s Micrographia ( first printed images)
- Visit to Ovada to see Art of Protest
- No pictures but preparing for the American family leaving at the end of July and my feelings about this.